Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Family's Preach My Gospel Quiet Book Swap

After I had started to make many of my ideas I came to a realization, for the amount of pages I had planned, it was going to take more of my life away than I really wanted. I hadn't even dented the preach my gospel theme.  The only thing to do was to call in the help of my family. I had topics I wanted make pages about, but like other pages I did, I didn't know exactly what I wanted, and that's the part that takes me a long time.
Luckily I have five wonderful family members that have creativity (and kindness toward me), so I got them to on board the insanity train.
If you are wondering what these pages are all about on an adult level, you can read more of the basics on mormon.org, or for the actual Preach My Gospel manual and lesson booklets, you can find it on this lds.org link.
The pages we decided to do were:
Lesson 1, Word of Wisdom, washing machine
These were the ones I decided to do. I was going to do the Healthy Eating/Word of Wisdom page, Lesson 1 (still in the works), and the washing machine (I gave most of them the kitchen one, cut out, for them to sew themselves. I am that nice like that, i got tired). 


Family/ Temples, Prayer
My mom did temples and family history, and they prayer. I was impressed with her end results. I would have not taken on the five generations, but my mom wanted her grand kids to know her grandparents names.I was  the ones printing the pages onto the fabric for her, and there was a miscommunication. She said later she wished the temple page was on white (woops, my fault). For the prayer page my mom wanted to do something with a glove, (she almost didn't that's why the girl is there, then at last she changed her mind) my kids love to fit their hand in the little glove. After helping her cutting out and printing her pages I was glad I didn't have to come up with the idea, and sew them.
My mom's families and temple pages
five generations

Law of Chastity, Sleep/Schedule
For the Law of Chastity my sister and I tried to think of an idea that would be childlike,  so we took the "be clean" literally and made a bathtub. The schedule idea I came up with was a bit daunting, so my sister simplified with a clock... much better idea. For my sisters house pages, we used little magnetic dolls that came with clothes, for the people (my mom found these for our kids one Christmas). With the kitchen, bathroom, laundry and bedroom, we pretty much made the basics of a doll house quiet book (who needs a living room, right?).


pages in the works:

Lesson 3, Iron Rod

Ten Commandments, Keep the Sabbath Day Holy

Lesson 4, Tithing

No comments:

Post a Comment