Thursday, August 23, 2012

Noah's Ark, the discovery of printing on pellon


Well, this page was created as an experiment. I found this image on the LDS website somehow and it was colored and everything. I decided it couldn't hurt anything to try to print it directly onto fusible pellon. (don't try it in a laser printer, just believe me, I may or may not have tried it, and gummed up a hot roller with fusible material- I am gun shy to try non-fusible pellon) I cut the pellon to the same size as a paper and sent it through. It worked marvelously. I then ironed on the ark to a piece of leather (pelltec or any other thick material would work) and sewed the ark to the page. The animals that were in front of the ark just stayed there because I couldn't cut them without comprimising the ark. The other animals I ironed onto a fleece fabric I had (like those tie blankets are made out of) and then cut them out. By far the easiest page I made, and I think it serves it's purpose great!

No comments:

Post a Comment