Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nativity


This is another copy, color cut iron page. This is from my moms 70's pattern book. There was another page with a Bible. The Bible had a zipper on the page side that opened to a pocket for the pieces. That required more work... I wanted to cut out as many steps as possible (as well as using more pellon than I needed to). I decided to just print off the stable page, then I ironed a piece of fusible pellon the size of the stable on the back side of the page where the stable was. I made another piece that was slightly larger than the stable with non fusible pellon. I pinned in on and stitched from the front around the stable. I then made a slit across (you can see the slit in the picture) so it made a pocket for the pieces. The pieces I just colored and made thicker with fusible pellon. Another classic page for me to remember my past (and much faster than if I were to have come up with the idea start to finish).

No comments:

Post a Comment