Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Plant a Garden...


The Prophet said to plant a garden, so that's what I did.... :) In an effort to make a self reliance, "Plant a Garden" type page I thought through all sorts of possibilities, but the logistics weren't there. Then I saw a cute book someone made from a pattern they bought. I can't find a good link to it but it had ten pockets numbered 1-10 and carrots numbered 1-10. The object was to match the numbered carrots to their pockets. I saw that, and there was my solution, pockets. So, this page was sketched out. 
When we planted my parents garden, I looked through the left over seeds and found seeds I could possibly use for these (and draw so a kid could figure out what I had drawn). This is what I came up with. I am sure there are a lot of ways to make this page better, but I only had a short time with the seeds, so time was not on my side. I had to work with the circumstances. 


The fronts of the seed packets

All the cute little seeds

The fronts 

And seeds



No comments:

Post a Comment