Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Tithing(Charity), Saving, Spending, Buying




This page was one off those pages I drew up, knew the concepts I wanted, put a lot of thought into, but it took me a while to put it all on fabric. So the features I wanted was a tithing envelope to put the 10% in, a piggy bank, (for savings) and a wallet for spending. I still want to write some explanations on the actual page for my kids, but that is still in the thought process. My favorite part of the page is the piggy bank. I made a button hole like slit at the top, then at the bottom I sewed velcro so that they could get the money out like an old fashioned piggy bank. (I thought it was clever). 
I had actually made a wallet, but it was just to big for what I had in mind, so I cut it down to just the pocket. Then I had to have a place to use the money. What good is money if you can't use it right? so I tried to make the store as simple as I could with the concepts I wanted. The items to purchase in the window use each coin type (penny, nickel, dime, quarter) and then you can flip them over to have a more challenging money experience (like $.99) I wanted to put a jar to have actual things in also, like stickers and such, so hence why there is a jar. My favorite part of this page is the cash register I found a picture online, printed it on the pellon and then reprinted the drawer front and sewed on the sliding drawer part to it. I put for pockets, one for each coin type.
the open cash register
The quiet book store, my original idea




No comments:

Post a Comment