Friday, August 17, 2012

This last summer I have had a little quiet time. I decided to fill it with various hands on activities. I find great achievement in working with my hands. This can be in small activities like sewing, or heavier lifting activities like building a retaining wall, or a new fence. I realized, as I had time to go back home "on the farm," that creating things with my hands is so much a part of me. This goes hand in hand with taking care of others. As a child I loved to bottle feed baby animals, and now I have the amazing opportunity to care for my children, and raise them. My sole purpose that I have learned to do projects (like building fence) is to create a secure and enjoyable environment for those I take care of, and to make sure their needs are met. I often get distracted from my goal and I have to readdress my purposes often, but for the most part I seem to come away from a project satisfied. My satisfaction comes from the fact that not only did I better the situation, but I bettered myself, in one way or another.
Well, my sisters and I decided to collaborate and combine our efforts to make a family archive of activities. So I am not in this alone. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment